I recently discovered a charge for the TotalAV antivirus. I have no record of the account or of the download.

I sent an e-mail and they replied that I needed to send my account number and credit card info so they could "find" my account. I replied that I had no account and use their competitors product. I then called the customer service # and tried to get some info. They would not put a supervisor on and I was forced to hang up.

The next correspondence was that they had magically found my account. I said that I had no account and sent them a screen shot of the latest charge. I then sent the results of my meeting with my bank and demanded a refund of $58. They countered with a refusal to refund the charges and instead wanted to charge me less.

They then said the account would be sent to their"senior" billing team, apparently a computer with bad memory since the next e-mail repeated previous info. I have notified my bank, the Better Business Bureau, and next the California Attorney General and the FBI.

Comments