Total Av - Don't Use This!!!

1.5
Usability

When my ZoneAlarm suddenly wasn't able to scan for viruses, I went with a free 7-day trial for TotalAV .. lauded as "the best" on numerous sites.

But when I conducted a simple clean-up of duplicate files, etc., -- y'know, the usual stuff -- it WIPED OUT half a dozen articles that were ready to go to my publisher, that had been saved in Bitmap. It also WIPED OUT several issues of my newsletter, "Veritas," that were stored in their own file. Those were JPEG.

I now have to try to re-create about a month's work. There's no way I'll actually be able to totally reproduce this work -- and now, I'll have to do it in some haste.

The newsletters are a total loss, unless one of my readers has the four missing issues saved, somewhere.

And needless to say, I've uninstalled TotalAV. DON'T USE THIS!!!

Reason of review: Stupid thing can't distinguish between harmful items and saved Bitmap, some JPEG items..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 05.

Total Av - Fraud company

I recently discovered a charge for the TotalAV antivirus. I have no record of the account or of the download.

I sent an e-mail and they replied that I needed to send my account number and credit card info so they could "find" my account. I replied that I had no account and use their competitors product. I then called the customer service # and tried to get some info. They would not put a supervisor on and I was forced to hang up.

The next correspondence was that they had magically found my account. I said that I had no account and sent them a screen shot of the latest charge. I then sent the results of my meeting with my bank and demanded a refund of $58. They countered with a refusal to refund the charges and instead wanted to charge me less.

They then said the account would be sent to their"senior" billing team, apparently a computer with bad memory since the next e-mail repeated previous info. I have notified my bank, the Better Business Bureau, and next the California Attorney General and the FBI.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 23.